Archived posts from this Category
Archived posts from this Category
A condition that is very common in people with anxiety disorder is “anxiety insomnia.” This is basically insomnia that is induced by anxiety disorders, nervousness, or related tension. The reason that your anxiety keeps you awake is because your brainwave pattern is unable to slow down to the alpha brainwave range from the beta brainwave range. Beta brainwaves are normal to have during the day, but at night, when it is time to go to bed, most people (without anxiety) are able to shift into the alpha range without even trying. People with anxiety stay awake over thinking things and worrying about events that happened during the day.
Anxiety and insomnia: The relationship
Even if you have insomnia without anxiety disorder, your brainwave pattern is very similar to someone who experiences anxiety. You are over-stimulated and are unable to calm yourself down and get some sleep. People with things like stress anxiety insomnia really need to minimize stimulation before bedtime. In other words, you shouldn’t be drinking alcohol, caffeine, or surfing the web if you hope to fall asleep; all of these things change your state of mind and make it much tougher to fall asleep. Alcohol can actually help some people fall asleep quicker, but it also keeps others awake and is not a healthy substance to use to fall asleep (it is a toxin).
Anxiety insomnia treatment
If you need help with treating depression anxiety insomnia (or anything that is keeping you up at night), there are some fundamental steps that you should be taking. The very first thing that you should do is develop a relaxation routine that you practice for at least 30 minutes each day before you go to bed. Examples of things that you could do in order to relax include: meditation, deep breathing, visualization, and yoga. Anxiety and insomnia treatment go hand in hand, when you reduce one, the other will likely subside with it. So if you can keep your anxiety low, your insomnia will likely plummet; if you can reduce your insomnia, your anxiety will probably improve.
Other things that you can do to improve your condition
There are some other steps that you can take in order to reduce your general anxiety disorder insomnia. If you have had problems with anxiety for awhile now, it would be smart to consult some professional help from a licensed therapist. However, if you start doing some things like: eating the healthiest possible diet, exercising every day for at least 1 hour, and staying busy throughout the day, you should tire yourself out too much to be kept awake by your anxiety. Hopefully some of these strategies work for you if you were struggling with severe insomnia and/or anxiety. If not, you can always check out some of the related articles below for additional tips.
More Anxiety Articles to Check Out:
Comments Off on Anxiety Insomnia Treatment
If you have been dealing with anxiety for most of your life and it is holding you back from reaching your full potential, it is time to take action to get rid of it – permanently. Believe it or not, there are some natural cures for anxiety that you can implement into your lifestyle in order to overcome it. Wouldn’t it feel a lot better to be able to take control over your anxiety issues rather than having them control and rule your life? If you believe that you can take control of your disorder, then you will probably be able to easily do what it takes to overcome it. If you don’t believe it, then you are going to have to work on your beliefs (of being able to cure your disease) before you see results of it in your reality.
What are some natural cures for anxiety disorder?
1. Exercise – One thing that will quickly erase stress and anxiety that you may be experiencing is exercise. If you get your heart rate up by doing cardiovascular exercise, you will feel better because you won’t have as much pent up energy inside of your body – it will get burned up. People that don’t exercise are much more prone to anxiety, stress, and feeling fearful (e.g. the opposite of relaxation) in most situations.
2. Meditation – Another awesome natural cure for anxiety is meditation. There are several types of meditation that you should try out before giving up. Meditation produces changes in your brain’s neurochemistry and it helps your brain form new neural connections. If you keep up a daily meditation practice for 365 days for 20 minutes a day, your brain will be incredibly different than it was in comparison to when you started this practice. Start as soon as possible to get the most benefits.
3. Self-Exposure Therapy – What are you afraid of? Probably one of the best natural cures for social anxiety is to get involved in as many social situations as possible. In other words, you want to expose yourself to whatever you are afraid of. Do yourself a favor and make a list of things that you are afraid of and go down it – crossing off each fear as you overcome it.
4. Supplements – There are many supplements that claim to be natural cures for depression anxiety symptoms. It is important to read reviews of these natural products like St. Johns Wart, 5-HTP, Sam-E, to make sure that you are not buying something that isn’t proven to be very effective.
5. Develop empowering friendships – Easily one of the best natural cures for anxiety and depression is to hang out with people that don’t have these problems. If you spend enough time with people that don’t have these problems, you will be able to come up with solutions for your problem and adapt to this new reality. If you don’t come up with solutions, they will likely help you overcome the problem – listen to the advice that they give and do your best to roll with the punches. It will seem tough at first, but eventually you will overcome your anxiety and feel awesome about it.
More Mental Health Posts:
Comments Off on Natural Cures for Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety, Depression
Are you trying to learn how to overcome depression? If so, it is going to take a lot of work, but you definitely have the power within you to get over this problem. I don’t like to refer to it as a disease because “disease” implies that you have no power to overcome it. Let’s just label it as a temporary problem for now that you can definitely get over. So what are some things that you can do if you are feeling depressed? You have probably read that you need to go to the doctor and get medication prescribed and take it for awhile to get relief, right? Well, that way works fine for some people that want to be on meds for the rest of their lives, but there are alternatives.
Depression how to overcome it
1. Counseling – If you want to figure out how to overcome depression and anxiety, and other mental health issues, counseling is one of the best options. It can be scary to share your feelings with a counselor, but if you are working with a competent counselor, it is probably the best way to make progress.
2. Eating the right foods – Is your diet healthy? Eating bad foods is probably the easiest way to not only become depressed, but to have anxiety and gain weight. If you want to learn how to overcome anxiety and depression, a fundamental component of your life that you need to take control over is your diet.
3. Exercising often – How often do you exercise? Yeah, you might say that you have no energy to because you are depressed. Which came first the lack of exercise or depression (e.g. the chicken or the egg)? It doesn’t really matter because once you push yourself to exercise every day, you will start feeling improvement.
4. Positive social support – If you want to learn how to overcome severe depression, you are going to need to spend time with positive people. These people let nothing bring them down and will help you take the focus off of being depressed. It will be tough for you initially to adapt their perspective, but eventually you will get the hang of it and make progress. The more time you spend with positive people, the easier it will be to get out of a depressed state.
5. Believe in yourself – If you don’t believe that you can overcome depression, you are right. If you believe that you can overcome depression, you are right. It all comes down to having the right set of beliefs. If you empower yourself with the belief that you can overcome, then you definitely will be able to.
Related Mental Health Articles:
Comments Off on How To Overcome Depression and Anxiety (Severe)
Are you looking to find natural anxiety relief? If you have bad anxiety attacks or just experience a lot of tension on a daily basis, it would be a good idea to try some things that could potentially help you reduce your stress level. Stress and anxiety can lead to a number of different health problems including: high blood pressure, heart attacks, weight gain, and insomnia. If you have been having a lot of trouble lowering your level of anxiety, it is important that you never give up in fighting the battle against it because you definitely will find relief if you keep trying new things. The whole key though is to have an open mind and be willing to do what it takes to keep your anxiety level as low as possible.
Stress anxiety relief techniques
1. Daily relaxation – If you are finding some way to relax for at least 25 minutes each day, you are going to make significant progress towards reducing your anxiety. Relaxation helps you take control over your thoughts and stay calm. Although it is not going to immediately lower your anxiety, over the period of a year, practicing things like meditation, self hypnosis, and deep breathing will have a significant impact on your physiology. Different genes will become activated in your body and your brain will change all as a result of daily relaxation. It takes time to see results, but will be worth it in the long run.
2. Confronting fear – If you are anxious about something, the best thing that you can do is confront it. If you are scared to ask a girl out on a date, go ask her out. If you are afraid to talk to someone, talk to them. If you are afraid to live out on your own, then go get a place for yourself. Don’t panic, learn to keep pushing through your fears and they will eventually subside.
3. Supplements – Certain supplements can provide relief for anxiety and tension, but they do not always work well for everyone. Omega 3 fatty acids can help regulate anxiety, but they do take a few months to actually kick in. Other things like 5 HTP, Sam-E, and St. Johns Wart have been found to have slight effects towards reducing anxiety (see: Herbs for Anxiety).
4. Adequate exercise – If you want anxiety stress relief quick, then getting good enough exercise each day is essential. Sure it takes 1 hour to get a good workout, but everyone has an hour that they can work with for their own personal health. If you don’t have an hour, get rid of some meaningless task in your day; and don’t make any excuses.
5. Healthy diets – Eating candies, sweet treats, and drinking sodas and beers taste good, but they are terrible to be having if you are overweight, have anxiety, and/or depression. Reconstruct your diet to include only healthy foods and see how much better you feel. If you can get rid of all the junk and fuel your brain with healthy foods, they will change the way that your brain works and make it less susceptible to stress. It will be easy to find anxiety relief if you are eating the right foods.
Related Anxiety & Mental Health Articles:
Comments Off on Finding Natural Anxiety Relief and Stress Reduction
If you are interested in finding some natural herbs for anxiety attacks and depression, there are many that you can try out. Not all herbs are going to have the same effect in all people, so just because one has worked for a friend or family member does not mean that it is going to have the same effect on you. It is important to always eat a healthy diet and exercise if you are trying to reduce anxiety and depression as well as making sure that you use relaxation techniques to further relax. Many of these herbs can help alleviate mental tension, stress, and anxious feelings that may accompany you throughout your day.
Natural herbs for anxiety and depression
St. Johns Wart – This is easily among the most common herbs for depression and anxiety treatment. There are people who have had success with this herb for anxiety, so it would be something that you should consider if you have never tried it. It has been clinically tested in comparison to popular antidepressants and has actually been found to be just as effective, if not more effective than some (e.g. Paxil).
Sam-E – This is an over-the-counter herb that you can buy in order to help with anxiety and depression. There isn’t as much support for its effectiveness as there is for St. Johns Wart, but some people swear by it to help reduce their symptoms.
Valerian – Valerian is a common aid for insomnia, but has an effect on reducing anxiety and depression. The way that it works is by influencing the GABA neurotransmitter receptors in the brain. It will have a significant impact on the way that your brain works and help it to relax.
Lemon Balm – Researchers have found that the components of this particular herb can really help people calm down from their anxiety attacks and depression. It has a lot of health benefits, mostly because it has Phenolic acids and Flavonoids which are super healthy.
5-HTP (5 hydroxytryptophan) – This has been shown to alter serotonin levels in the brain. There is some evidence that serotonin is linked to both depression and anxiety. Although it is not the only neurotransmitter that causes depression and anxiety, it is a contributor. Consider trying 5 HTP to see whether it works out for you.
Chinese herbs for anxiety
Bupleurum and Dong Quai – This is a combination of herbs that can really reduce depression and anxiety issues. These are Chinese herbs that are believed to significantly lower symptoms after a month or so of taking them. You aren’t going to see immediate results with these, but they can really help.
Siberian Ginseng – Some have said that this is one of the best herbs for anxiety because it has effects on dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, as well as serotonin. It has been used in Chinese medicine for hundreds of years and it has proved to be very helpful to some.
Magnolia Bark – This has been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years. Newer scientific research has indicated that it helps lower anxiety due to a couple of biphenyl compounds that are released in the body. It also reduces the amount of cortisol cycling throughout the body.
More Anxiety-Related Articles:
Comments Off on Best Natural Herbs for Anxiety and Depression
If you are looking for all natural anxiety relief, there are many things that you can try to minimize your stressful and anxious feelings. Anxiety can be extremely tough to cope with for most people, but once you are able to find some relief, life becomes much easier. Whether you have anxiety in social situations, a specific phobia of something, or just have generalized anxiety disorder, there are some natural things that you can try out to see whether they provide any relief. Read below to figure out whether any of the recommendations are anything that you would consider trying out.
Best natural anxiety relief
Meditation – Although there are many different types of mediation strategies that you can use, most people that meditate find that it really lowers their stress level. I personally have practiced meditation and each time that I do it my body and mind feels a lot less vulnerable to everyday stressors. All that it really takes is sitting quietly and focusing on your breathing for about 20 minutes per day to be a significant help.
Neurofeedback – The goal of neurofeedback would be to target certain areas of your brain and change your brainwaves. This can be also done with brainwave entrainment (e.g. Neuro Programmer 2), but it doesn’t have quite the same effect. Consider going to a neurofeedback specialist to find natural stress and anxiety relief if you can afford it. Sessions can cost hundreds of dollars, but your insurance may pick it up.
Rapid Remedy – This is a substance that you actually spray on your tongue and it tastes kind of funny, but it definitely provides great natural relief for anxiety. If your stress level is high, all it takes is a couple sprays and you begin to settle down. This stuff isn’t that expensive either, so this would be perfect to carry around with you for whenever you get nervous.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids – If you want some great natural anxiety relief, try taking omega 3 fatty acid supplements (a.k.a. fish oil). You will not notice immediate relief, but over the period of months, they will actually stabilize your brainwave patterns and regulate your anxiety. There aren’t any negative side effects (unless you buy unpurified oil – check on the label to make sure that it has been lab tested).
Facing all fears – The best natural relief from anxiety is to actually face your fears. This is the toughest cure for relief, but it is without a doubt the most effective thing on this list. Make a list of everything that you are scared of, and confront the fear. Cross each fear off of the list as you overcome them and congratulate yourself for pushing through your fears. Start with easier fears and as you build momentum, try confronting harder ones.
More Anxiety Tips:
Comments Off on Best All Natural Anxiety Relief
Having anxiety issues can really lead to feeling awkward in social situations because the individual with it is afraid of being judged by others. In most cases, anxiety is more than just a general fear of what others are going to think of them, it’s an internal feeling of unease even when the individual with anxiety isn’t around other people. If you have been dealing with anxiety for most of your life, you are certainly not alone; there are millions of people with anxiety and stress. Although many people like psychiatric treatment for this condition, there are anxiety natural remedies that you can try out; most are just as effective.
Best Natural Remedies for Anxiety
1. Meditation and relaxation exercises – Although meditation doesn’t work well for everyone, there are plenty of relaxation techniques that you can try out. If you take time to relax each and every day for at least 25 minutes, you are going to be a lot calmer in most situations than someone who doesn’t. You are not going to see immediate results from relaxing every day, but over time, you will notice that you become much calmer.
2. Face your fears – This is probably the best natural remedy for anxiety that there is. If you are able to confront your fears head-on (e.g. without running from them), you are going to overcome social anxiety and all other types. This is probably the hardest tip to actually “do” that is on this list, but it is easily the most effective. If you can think of some fears that you have (e.g. asking a girl out on a date, ending bad relationships, giving a speech, etc.) and you face them, you will build a ton of confidence and your fears will go away.
3. Dietary changes – Believe it or not, a lot of animal products (e.g. meat, eggs, fish, etc.) can induce anxiety in most people. If you eat a lot of meat in your diet, you are basically ingesting the fear-energy of the animals at the time in which they were slaughtered. Although this energy doesn’t affect everyone the same, it could really induce a state of severe anxiety, tension, adrenaline, and/or fearfulness.
4. Valerian – This is a great natural remedy anxiety supplement that you can take if you want some additional help with overcoming your fears. As with any supplement, there are going to be side effects that need to be dealt with. You should also ask a medical professional before you take this stuff so that you know more about how it works to relax your body.
5. Melatonin – In some people with high levels of anxiety, they are low in melatonin. Additionally, people who experience a lot of insomnia on a daily basis also have low levels of melatonin compared to most people. You could try to take some melatonin supplements to increase the amount that is present in your body. Once again though, this isn’t a long term solution because you don’t want to make your body dependent on this stuff.
There are other anxiety natural remedies that you can try that weren’t mentioned in this article such as: Kava, St. Johns Wart, Fish Oil, Passionflower, and Motherwart. With that said, as someone who has actually experienced anxiety, I have found that the top three things mentioned really work the best. Taking supplements is usually not a great long term solution, but it can help you if you need some temporary relief.
More Anxiety-Related Articles:
Comments Off on Best Anxiety Natural Remedies (Herbal and Lifestyle)
Anxiety headaches are very common for people that experience stress on a daily basis. Even people that have anxiety disorder may develop severe anxiety tension headaches; which can hurt to the point that they get confused with migraines. It is very tough to distinguish an anxiety headache from a migraine because they can both be very severe. The real way to tell whether you have been experiencing an anxiety-headache is by asking yourself whether you’ve been under a lot of stress lately. If you’ve really been stressed out from work and/or other changes in your life, you may be experiencing these types of headaches.
Chronic Anxiety and Headaches
There is definitely a relationship between anxiety and having headaches. A headache and anxiety really go hand in hand. Tension is what leads to these headaches (e.g. when your muscles, especially in your head and neck) are unable to relax. This tension can build up in a very short period of time, but if you are experiencing chronic anxiety tension headaches, then you probably have been stressed out for a long period of time. If you just recently started getting these headaches, you may have recently gone through a very stressful experience in your life that could have caused them to develop.
Some Possible Remedies for Anxiety Headaches
If you experience anxiety headaches on a daily basis, you are going to want to figure out what can be done for you to get some relief, right? Well, if you want to overcome these headaches, you are going to have to do the exact opposite of what caused them: relax. You are going to need to find some way to relax if you want to overcome your headache pain. Sleeping and taking naps do not count as relaxing either – neither does watching TV. Actually do some relaxation exercises and you will probably start to get better within a week or so. If those don’t work, you can always ask your doctor what he/she recommends.
Personal Experience with Tension Headaches
I personally have experienced tension headaches as a result of stress, anxiety, and anger. They are definitely no fun to deal with, but I have been able to keep mine under control by simply taking time to relax each day. Usually I plan to relax for at least 20 minutes each day and I focus on consciously relaxing each muscle in my body with progressive relaxation techniques. If you are making no progress towards overcoming your headaches, you should seriously consider taking time each day to chill out and relax because it may be very helpful.
Related Anxiety Articles:
Comments Off on Anxiety Headaches and Tension Headaches
If you are depressed, you will be probably a little bit happier to know that there are some natural cures for depression. Although not everyone will respond to these natural treatment options, many people can find relief by taking advantage of natural remedies. If you know someone with depression or have experienced it yourself, then you are well aware of the fact that depression hurts. Many people with depression also have anxiety symptoms as well that they would like to minimize or get rid of. Hopefully you are able to use a method provided in this article to help you get your life back under control.
Best natural cures for depression and anxiety
1. Omega 3 Fatty Acids – These are commonly found in healthy foods such as: salmon, mackerel, and other types of fish. You can take fish oil pills as well to get more omega-3’s in your diet. Studies have shown that people eating a diet enriched with fish (e.g. more omega 3’s) tend to have less mood problems with depression and anxiety than those who don’t eat enough fish.
2. 5 HTP – This is a common supplement that people take because it is listed everywhere as being one of the top natural cures for anxiety and depression. Unfortunately, not everyone gets very good results with this supplement. I have personally tried it in the past and didn’t really notice much of an effect. If you are trying to learn how to stop depression symptoms, this may be worth trying out.
3. Meditation – The best part about meditation is that it is absolutely free. You have control over your mind and body and can literally influence the way that you perceive reality. People that practice meditation have been studied on multiple accounts and have been found to be calmer and happier people than average. So if you really want to change your situation, consider learning how to meditate.
4. Therapy – If you are depressed, probably the last thing that you want to do is go to a therapist. But, therapy is one of the best ways to get rid of your depression symptoms. As far as natural cures for depression are concerned, working with a good therapist is going to make a huge difference in your situation. I highly recommend reading reviews and/or asking friends about where you can go for some therapy.
Everyone is different – these methods may not always work
It is important to understand that not everyone will improve from doing the methods described above. They are worth giving a shot since they are natural and don’t involve any prescription medication. Although they may cost you a little bit of money, your quality of life should matter more than the money that you pay to make improvements.
Related Depression & Anxiety Articles:
Comments Off on Best Natural Cures For Depression and Anxiety
Most people that have anxiety disorder have a tense/stressful thinking habit (or “internal feedback loop”) ingrained in their mind. This stressful habit of thinking can be overcome, and you can learn how to deal with anxiety attacks if you are currently bothered by them. An anxiety attack is a state of panic caused by a thought that induces significant amounts of fear in the person that experiences it. These thoughts are extremely painful to deal with, which is why many people trying to figure out how to deal with anxiety attack symptoms take medications. However, some people are able to out-think their anxiety; becoming conscious of how they can overcome their nervous thinking.
1. Detached awareness – Try thinking of your anxiety as something wrong with your brain, but something that you can overcome with your own thinking. Be aware of your anxiety attack the next time you have one, but don’t engage in any panic behavior. Just tell yourself that your brain is acting up again and do another activity to take your mind off it.
2. Refocusing your thoughts – As soon as you realize that you are having an anxiety attack, do something else to take your mind off of it. Try gardening, playing video games, watching TV, reading a book, etc. Refocusing your thoughts will help you train your brain to rewire and will promote neuroplasticity of your neural connections.
3. Meditate during the day – If someone asked me how to deal with anxiety disorder, I would tell them to try meditating for at least 20 minutes each day. This will definitely help calm their mind and it will help them become aware of their condition so that they don’t react to an “attack” in the future.
4. Face your fears – This is by far the toughest thing for people with anxiety to do, but probably the single most helpful thing that you will ever do. Try making a list of every single fear that you have, and go down that list and overcome them one by one. If you can overcome your fears, you really have nothing to feel anxious about.
5. Diet and exercise habits – If you are eating healthy (e.g. no soda, no junk food, etc.) you will have a much better chance at keeping anxiety at bay. Exercising and having a healthy lifestyle are among the best natural remedies for anxiety. Attacking anxiety and depression should be done in all areas of your life – including diet and physical activity.
Many people that experience attacking anxiety could really benefit from counseling. There are plenty of awesome counselors out there that know exactly how to treat anxiety as well as how to stop panic attacks without making you take nasty medications. Realize that everyone can overcome their anxiety, but it is tougher for some than others. A healthier lifestyle is certainly going to help you out a lot more than self help tapes, but the #1 thing that you can do is to face all of your fears – despite how anxious you feel.
Comments Off on How To Deal With Anxiety Attacks
Many people suffer from some form of anxiety from time to time. Some people get an anxious feeling only occasionally, while other have a severe anxiety problem, and may even suffer anxiety attacks. No matter what type of anxiety is occurring, a person still needs the proper care and help to fight it. An anxiety problem can only get worse if nothing is done about it.
The person with anxiety always believes that the worst is going to happen. They can’t understand positive solutions to problems that make them anxious. One way to attack anxiety is to have a good exercise program. Exercise lowers stress, and stress is a big factor of causing anxiety and anxiety attacks. Those who start a regular exercise program that gets the heart beating and the muscles moving will be able to lower their anxiety symptoms. This is just one solution; there are many natural remedies for anxiety. Exercise is great for everything, but some people need more than that to attack their anxiety problems.
Eating the right foods also can help with anxiety attacking. Fried foods will only contribute to anxiety and it’s best to avoid those. Any food that is hard to digest will only make you feel worse, and that includes feeling more anxious. The best foods to enjoy while fighting anxiety are peaches, acacia berries, blueberries, almonds, and even chocolate. This type of chocolate is the raw chocolate that is filled with magnesium.
Most people are deficient in that element. Magnesium can fight mood swings and fatigue. The best chocolate will have the highest content of cocoa and the lowest content of sugar and fat. Peaches contain phytonutrients that have a natural sedative. This sedative will relieve any anxiety or stress.
While exercise and the proper foods will help with attacking anxiety & depression (and other forms of stress), sometimes that is not enough. There are treatment centers for people with severe anxiety or depression. These centers will have people who are trained in the psychology of anxiety who will counsel the patients. There are also group sessions when the patients can get together and talk about how they feel.
The treatment centers will also prescribe the proper medications that are specifically used to fight anxiety. Many people like to use natural ways to fight an ailment, but that is not always the only way to do it. Some people have even tried the popular Lucinda Bassett attacking anxiety program, but not everyone finds relief from these types of things. There are many medicines that are very effective in calming an anxious person. They work in the brain to help that person think rationally without anxiety. The first thing a person should do to attack anxiety is to visit his physician. Then the correct plan is to go from there and work to eliminate your anxious feelings. If your anxiety is being caused by a drug habit, it would probably do you a lot of good to work with a substance abuse counseling clinic to help with addiction recovery.
Comments Off on Attacking Anxiety Disorders and Staying Calm
Anxiety is a common problem that can be caused by several factors. Sometimes called panic attacks, severe anxiety attacks can be triggered by large groups of people, loud constant noise, or stressful situations. Some people experience anxiety attacks without a recognizable cause. Some symptoms of an anxiety attack include increased heart rate, profuse sweating, and disorientation. Sufferers may hyperventilate or have trouble breathing properly. If you experience anxiety attacks, there are some things you can do to help ease the symptoms and return to a more comfortable state without using prescription medications. Many of the best natural remedies for anxiety disorder are available at home. Whether you need to learn how to stop panic attacks or just reduce some anxious tension, some of the advice below may help.
One of the best natural anxiety remedies is a warm cup of herbal tea. The warm steam from the tea will enter your lungs as you breathe, which causes them to loosen and allow you to draw in more air with each breath. The warm liquid also helps relax your muscles as it travels through your digestive system. Herbs that have been known to contain soothing elements include chamomile, lavender, clove, and thyme. The soothing properties of the herbs combine with the physical properties of the warm tea to help anxiety sufferers relax and regain control.
The simple act of peeling an orange can help ease anxiety symptoms. Orange peel contains a scent that has been found to soothe the nerves immediately. Lemons and limes have the same soothing properties. When you feel an anxiety attack coming on, you can reduce the anxiety by slowly peeling a ripe orange and breathing the scent deeply. Drinking hot tea that contains orange peels or orange extract can also be helpful in staving off an anxiety attack. You can use an orange peel in a potpourri pot to spread the scent throughout the room for a longer period of time. Eating a healthy, balanced diet is optimal for attacking anxiety and depression.
Anxiety attacks are often accompanied by strong bursts of adrenaline. If you just allow the adrenaline to build up in your system without releasing it, you will feel worse as time passes. Exercise is a powerful way to reduce anxiety and burn off some of the adrenaline that the anxiety attack caused to race through your system. Get up and walk around the room, do some sit ups, or jog in place for a few minutes. Drinking water will also help flush the toxins out of your system so that you will feel better sooner. Remember that exercising consistently can be an awesome natural remedy for anxiety.
Probably one of the best natural remedies for anxiety and panic attacks is taking time to relax. If you actually take some deep breaths, meditate, or do self hypnosis – you should be able to calm down some. If you keep working at relaxing on a daily basis, you will get better at it and will be able to relax deeper each time that you do it. Getting good at relaxation is among the top natural remedies for anxiety attacks. Find some method of relaxation that works well for you and stick to it to see whether you benefit. Figuring out how to treat anxiety disorders takes time, so be patient with yourself to find out what works best.
Comments Off on Natural Remedies for Anxiety and Panic Attacks
Anxiety and depression affect millions of people throughout the world each year. Despite what some people may say, these are real illnesses that can have debilitating effects on a person’s ability to live life. As a result, many people suffer through years of their lives without doing anything to change the situation. Fortunately, anxiety and depression are highly treatable. Just knowing this is often enough to calm one’s nerves. Attacking anxiety and depression is all about combining willpower, confidence and a few highly-effective strategies in order to gain control of your life once again.
One of the best ways to put an end to your anxiety and depression problems is to attend therapy. While therapy may have a certain stigma, the fact is that millions of people are helped each year by going to therapy, and it can often be all one needs in order to get their life back on track. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in particular is extremely effective in helping one pinpoint the cause of their anxiety and depression and turn things around. The downsides to therapy are few, however it can be a long and rather expensive process. Those who are looking for a quick fix will often be disappointed; those who have patience and a positive outlook, however, will often benefit thoroughly from attending therapy.
Surprisingly enough, one of the most effective ways to treat anxiety and depression is to get at least thirty minutes of exercise per day. Because exercise affects chemicals in your brain called endorphins, it actually causes effects similar to those of antidepressants on one’s mood. Everyone knows that exercise is good for the body, but many are surprised to find that it’s actually extremely good for the mind as well.
Meditation is an excellent way to reduce stress and anxiety, and can have profoundly positive effects on your mood. Simple breathing meditation, during which one focuses solely on the movement of their breath as they sit in a quiet room, can have a remarkable impact on one’s stress levels. Purchasing a guided-meditation CD is a great way to get into this ancient practice.
There is an attacking anxiety and depression program by Lucinda Bassett that was developed to help people learn how to overcome their situation. Whether you need to know how to treat anxiety or how to stop panic attacks, this will supposedly do a good job at helping you. With that said, it does not work for everybody, so don’t get frustrated if it doesn’t work. There is an “attacking anxiety and depression workbook” that you fill out and it is pretty easy to follow along with the instructions.
While some people view medication unfavorably, it can be helpful for those who are either very anxious or very depressed and quickly need help stabilizing. If medication is used, it is best to combine it with a program of therapy, meditation and exercise. Talk to your doctor or enroll in a substance abuse counseling program if you need some additional help kicking your drug addictions. You can also consider looking for depression chat rooms online to talk about what you are going through at the moment. Fighting depression is tough, but you can overcome it – millions of people have and it usually involves a significant amount of personal growth.
Comments Off on Attacking Anxiety and Depression
Learning how to stop panic attacks and anxiety that accompanies them can be very challenging for most people. Panic attacks are usually experienced as short bursts of intense fear and occur for various reasons. Some people speculate that they are caused by an underlying anxiety and stress problem, while other researchers think that they are completely genetically based. Researchers are working hard to come up with remedies for people that suffer from panic on a daily basis. If you have ever seen someone with a panic attack, it can look weird as an outside observer. Really the only way you can completely understand what it feels like is to experience it yourself. Helping to teach people how they can stop their panic is very beneficial because it will calm them down and help them think logically about their situation.
1. Breathe Deeply – Breathing deeply is probably one of the easiest ways to calm down when you are in a state of panic. It isn’t easy to go from being all revved up and nervous to calm, but with practice, you can deliberately change your state of mind by simply changing your breathing.
2. Eat Healthier – Diet can play a huge role in mental functioning. If you want to know what types of foods you should be eating, consider checking out the List of Brain Foods that I put together. Certain foods are going to have a bad effect on your mental state (e.g. processed foods, meats with hormones, etc.). Know what you are putting into your body will affect your brain functioning.
3. Practice Relaxation – Relaxing daily is something that you should do if you have panic attacks. Relaxation likely help indirectly by lowering your baseline level of tension. Although it may not eliminate the attacks, it will likely help you learn how to calm down while experiencing them. Any way you can relax will help your panic subside.
4. Exercise Daily – Exercising is good for your mind and body; it released proper neurotransmitters to keep you thinking clear, focused, and happy. It also has been show to lower stress levels. Keep your body active every single day of the week for at least 45 minutes each day and see how much better you feel.
5. Confront Your Fears – This is probably the toughest thing for most people to do, but arguably the most effective. If you want to learn how to stop panic attack symptoms the moment they hit, you will need to understand what is causing the panic in the first place. Most people have certain cues that cause them to go into a state of panic – these fears need to be confronted and fear needs to be overcome.
The process of learning how to stop anxiety and panic attacks will be different for everyone. Each person with panic disorder is going to have a different set of symptoms and there will be different techniques that should be used. If you have panic disorder, it is recommended to seek professional medical advice. Hopefully you are eventually able to overcome your panic or help someone else with theirs. If you found this article helpful, consider checking out a related article I wrote called “How to Treat Anxiety Disorders.”
Comments Off on How To Stop Panic Attacks Quickly
If you have anxiety disorder, then you are probably sick and tired of feeling anxious in certain situations. Learning how to treat anxiety properly is key if you hope to overcome this mental phenomenon. Some people have generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) which makes them more susceptible to feeling stressed and anxious in normal situations. If you have had to deal with anxiety, then chances are that it has been tough for you to come to terms with how it should be treated. Probably the hardest thing to do if you have anxiety is to learn the truth about it’s treatment.
Therapy – A helpful therapist could be one of the best ways for you to learn techniques to overcome your anxiety. If you find a good therapist, it can make all the difference in the world. I personally had a lot of anxiety in social situations in the past, but was able to overcome a lot of it due to some very helpful advice given by my therapist.
Educate yourself – Reading books like “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyways” by Susan Jeffers is one of my personal favorites for fear and anxiety disorders. I would rather have knowledge and learn how to use it to overcome my problems as opposed to taking a pill. Based on personal experience, most medications lead to an array of other problems; if you can confront your disorder, it may be painful, but facing your fears is always better than avoiding them.
Psychological support – Psychologists can provide great advice and help you learn how to treat anxiety disorder problems that you are dealing with. Finding a good therapist or counselor can be just as effective as a psychologist though. Read reviews to find out which psychologists, therapists, and counselors have gotten good feedback from their clients; this will help you make a good decision.
Biofeedback – This is a newer treatment option, but is effective in some people at helping them relax and learning to take conscious control of their own body. I have done biofeedback before and walked out of my session feeling like I just took a nap. It may not work for everyone, but it’s worth giving a shot.
Relaxation Techniques – Meditation, guided hypnosis, visualization all help you decrease your beta brain waves (which cause anxiety) and move your brainwave state down to the alpha brain waves range (which is calming). Learning how to properly relax through various techniques like yoga and deep breathing can be extremely beneficial. They help with a lot of the physical symptoms (such as lowering adrenaline levels and cortisol (a stress hormone)).
Learning how to treat severe anxiety can be difficult for most people, but it is certainly possible. Always talk to a professional if you want to figure out how to treat anxiety attacks and get your life back to normal. It may be one heck of a journey and personal growth experience as you learn to overcome your fears, but ultimately, it will be worth it to build up your skills and learn to surpass the problems that hold you down. Whether your problem is biological, environmental, or a combination of both, if you work hard to overcome your problem and put forth the right effort, you can certainly treat your anxiety.
Comments Off on How To Treat Anxiety Disorders Successfully